I personally love visual prompts for my every day writing. They spark my imagination quickly. Today, take this photo and let your mind wander off.
It’s a beautiful, intriguing photo. There are many things that come to mind that you can write about. Take that first thing that just popped up when you saw this picture 😊 Do you want to know what I was thinking about?
- who is this person?
- why is she or he there on the beach? At sunrise/sunset?
- You can play with the perspective. Write as the person standing there. Or think about who took the photo. A friend? Family? A casual passer-by? What do they feel & think about this image.
How to use this prompt? Well, in any way you wish, of course. My suggestion?
Take the photo and let your mind wander off. Incorporate it in the project you’re already working on, or use it as a way to jump start your creative day. To get the creative energy flowing 😊
Any rules? Nope.
- just carve out like 15 minutes
- take the first thing that springs to mind
- grab a (digital) pen & paper and: GO! write
Give yourself permission to:
- write without editing
- write whatever you want – prose, poem, dialogue …
- have fun while making up the story that goes with the photo
#visual writing prompt #writing prompt #writing inspiration #creative writing #write every day #maureenastrid