I personally love visual prompts for my every day writing. They spark my imagination quickly. Today, take this photo and let your mind wander off.
It’s a beautiful, intriguing photo. There are many things that come to mind that you can write about. Take that first thing that just popped up when you saw this picture.
Because of the rusty appearance of the lock this was what popped up for me: “It had been years since I last opened the lock.” Now go ahead, use your imagination. You could think of:
- What is this lock attached to?
- What will (or will not) open?
- The dolphin, is that something important?
How to use this prompt? Well, in any way you wish, of course. My suggestion?
Take the photo and let your mind wander off. Incorporate it in the project you’re already working on, or use it as a way to jump start your creative day. To get the creative energy flowing 😊
Any rules? Nope.
- just carve out like 15 minutes
- take the first thing that springs to mind
- grab a (digital) pen & paper and: GO! write
Give yourself permission to:
- write without editing
- write whatever you want – prose, poem, dialogue …
- have fun while making up the story that goes with the photo
#visual writing prompt #writing prompt #writing inspiration #creative writing #write every day #maureenastrid